Simplicity 1690 + Dobby Dot Voile

Thursday, August 22, 2013

in
I used up the last of my 'greige' dobby dot voile to make this top. The pattern is by LeAnne Marshall, a fashion designer from Portland, OR, who also happened to win season 5 of Project Runway. I just love her patterns. Her lines are so clean and modern!
This top was a breeze to sew up since there are no set-in sleeves to sew. Sewing and cutting time took about two hours. I finished the neckline with bias binding, flipped it inwards and sewed it down. I made a size 10 (next time I would make a 12. I also added 2 inches to the length of the top, as I am 5'8. The measurements for this pattern were accurate-I just assumed it would run large. You know what they say when you assume...you get a shirt that's a bit too tight ;) :D!). Next time, I would make the sleeves a bit longer and fold my fabric in half instead of towards the center to accommodate them. In other sewing news, I finished my Habitat quilt top!  What have you been sewing up?
 Have a happy day! Lynsey

No comments:

Post a Comment