I developed a wonderful beer bread recipe by modifying the original recipe provided by The Food Network.
This bread is a carb lover's delight. The crust is thick and nutty, with a bit of crunch. The inside is light and airy.
I used Fireside Nut Brown Ale for my bread, but any high-quality beer will do.
Lynsey's Beer Bread
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 (approx. 12 ounces) bottle of beer
1/8 cup of sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
3. Add half (1/8 cup) of the melted butter and all of the beer. Mix thoroughly, but stop as soon as all ingredients are blended. If you over mix, your bread will be heavy.
4. Pour dough into a greased and floured, standard-sized loaf pan.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Brush remainder of melted butter on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and wait an additional 10 minutes before cutting.
Notes: If you would like more of a breakfast type of bread; add an additional 1/8 cup of sugar and dried fruits or/and nuts.