My Favorite Dress Pattern and Self Drafted Variations

Monday, January 7, 2013

in
I have to say, these Anna Maria Horner Museum Tunics are just addicting! I dare you to make just one! The first one I made, I used an organic gray dobby dot voile. I cut it to the specifications of the Little Folk's panels used in Anna's tutorial. This was sort of my practice dress, as I did not want to ruin my gorgeous little folks panels!
Then, I moved onto the real deal. The fabric was so flowy and perfect. I think this one turned out a bit better; don't you? I took this one in a few inches, as I went down a size in between making the two dresses. I did elastic smocking on this one, as oppossed to the sewn in zig-zagged elastic. I like how the smocking turned out much better than the sewn-in elastic. It looks a bit more polished.
I then got wild ;) and made this self-drafted version with a scoop neckline. It has the same flow as the museum tunic, but is a bit more modest around the bust.
I have to say, these sew up very quickly. I made my second Museum Tunic dress in about two hours start to finish. My first took about two afternoons. What is your favorite dress pattern? Have a beautiful day, Lynsey

No comments:

Post a Comment